Saturday, February 23, 2013

Common questions on Kitchen Counter Tops

Recently I have been following Forum Lowyat on Home Renovation and Interior Design quite closely. It is one way for me to look out for any potential customers as well as give any useful tips and advice at my own capacity. After more than 30 days observation, I realised that consumers, nowadays, are becoming smarter. They will now get a number of quotation from many suppliers, compare them, and also ask for many opinions and views from members in Forum Lowyat. I'm amazed how Forum Lowyat can be so successful with tons of active members. I doubt any other forum pages can achieve its success.

Anyways, I do realise that many people, like me, aren't fully educated on the materials that can be used for custom made furniture. For instance, what are the types of kitchen counter tops available and its differences. "Which one is more durable? Which one doesn't get scratches easily?" are some of the common questions from the floor. For durability, I would say the concrete top (made from simen, and being tiled) has the best durability. Some people who are more concern, may even ask the supplier, "Where does your marble come from? Who is the manufacturer? What is the brand? How thick is the marble?"

True enough that the quality of marble might differ from different origin, but I guess the brand of the marble may not be as important. Reason being many suppliers nowadays, create branding for their products, and just charge exorbitantly for the brand, when the materials are just the same as those without a brand. They just import the materials, name it differently and charge very differently too. These people employ marketing experts, who are able to name a product creatively and eyes-catching to the potential customers. Though the materials could be the same, the salary paid to these marketing experts are definitely going to be passed down to the poor consumers.

Anyways, to give an overview of the different types of kitchen counter tops available in the market, here is a comparison chart which I think is very useful:
Anyone who would like to custom make their kitchen cabinets in Klang Valley can contact the person-in-charge as listed in my website.

Signing off for now :)

No comments: